Stephen J. Holroyd
Stephen J. Holroyd is a shareholder with the firm of Jennings Sigmond, P.C., and has been with the firm since 1997. His practice encompasses the representation of labor unions in both the private and public sectors, and includes virtually every phase of labor relations. Mr. Holroyd represents unions and their members at all levels of state and federal litigation and advocates on their behalf before numerous boards, agencies and commissions, including the National Labor Relations Board, Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state equivalents. He has also served as counsel in hundreds of grievance and interest arbitrations, and has participated in contract negotiations and mediations. Mr. Holroyd is also very active in appellate matters, and has argued many cases before the Supreme and Commonwealth Courts of Pennsylvania, and federal courts in the Third Circuit.
Long involved in the labor movement, Mr. Holroyd served as a shop steward and executive board member with Local 106 of the International Union of Electric, Electrical, Salaried, Machine and Furniture Workers, AFL-CIO, from 1985 through 1990. After graduating from law school, he worked for the National Labor Relations Board’s Newark, New Jersey, and Philadelphia Regional Offices from 1990 through 1997. During his tenure with the Board, he served as President and Secretary of Local 22 of the National Labor Relations Board Union from 1991 through 1994.
Mr. Holroyd was President of the Philadelphia Chapter of the Labor and Employment Relations Association in 2010-11, and served as LERA’s Treasurer from 2006-09. He has been honored by “Best Lawyers in America” from 2008 to present, and “Pennsylvania Super Lawyers” from 2017 to present.
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Rutgers School of Law, Camden, Juris Doctor, 1990
- Rutgers University Camden College of Arts and Sciences, Bachelor of Arts, 1987